New containerised genset1 June 2010
Dale Power Solutions has introduced a new range of containerised generator sets designated Secure Power 1600 of which the main selling point is that it can handle step loads in excess of 850 kW from a cold start.
Noise levels are 80dBA at one metre and 68 dBA at 7m. The standard unit is a 1600 kVA generator in a 20 foot container, and the range also includes 1400, 1200 and 1000 kVA options, all available as dual 50/60 Hz frequency units.
The Secure Power Series has been developed and built, say its makers, to the tough market specifications for rental generators, with the main drivers being high power output, flexibility, ease of operation and maintenance, and compactness in terms of power density. It is fully bunded against leakage and limits exhaust emissions to at the latest standard.
The unit’s range of other features includes the following:
• Good fuel efficiency – the same fuel consumption as similar lower powered containerised units
• Easy maintenance and extended periods between oil changes
• Designed to accommodate efficient servicing, including dual side door access and an external fuel fill point
• Generator to generator synchronising standard configuration, synchronisation to mains as standard option
• 2000 litre on-board fuel tank as standard
• Up to 55 °C ambient temperature operation options available
• External and remote operation and monitoring, with no container access required, improves operator health and safety.