Recent power plant contract awards20 October 1999
- ABB won contracts worth $85 million to service and retrofit three nuclear plants belonging to the Tennessee Valley Authority, Sequoyah 1 and 2, and Watts Bar.
- GE won a contract from Entergy to supply 24 7FA gas turbines and four steam turbines for delivery through to 2004 for use in projects in Mississippi, Arkansas, and Louisiana. These will provide 4000 MWe of capacity.
- SkyGen Energy has won a contract from CITGO Petroleum Corporation to build a 500 MWe cogeneration facility at CITGO's East refinery in Corpus Christi, Texas. SkyGen will finance, construct and operate the project, which is due for commercial operation in late 2001.
- Five fuel cells, providing a total of 1 MWe, are being installed for the US Postal Service by Chugach Electric Association in Anchorage, Alaska. The system is due to be operational early 2000.
- Siemens Westinghouse has won a contract to supply 18 F-class gas turbines to Calpine Corporation. Beginning in 2002, Siemens Westinghouse will deliver six W501F turbines per year through 2004.
- South Carolina & Gas will build a $180 million gas turbine project in Aiken County, South Carolina. The project will replace two 75 MWe coal-fired turbines with a 300 MWe combined cycle unit. The plant will enter operation by June 2002.
- Orion Power Holdings has purchased two gas turbines from Consolidated Edison for $550 million.
- S&S Energy Products will supply Front Range Energy Associates in Colorado with four GE LM6000 gas turbines equipped with GE's SPRINT spray intercooling technology to boost power output for a new 164 MWe peaking plant. The plant is due to enter service in May 2000.