Recent power plant contract awards - USA20 August 1999
• Calpine has acquired the rights to build, own and operate a 545 MWe gas fired power plant in Ontelaunee, Pennsylvania. Permitting for the $285 million facility is underway, with construction due to begin in early 2000. The plant is expected to begin production in late 2001.
• National Power will also build a 550 MWe combined cycle gas turbine plant at Blackstone, 50 miles from Boston, Massachusetts. ABB will be responsible for construction. Blackstone is to be operational in spring 2001.
• National Power will also build a 1100 MWe combined cycle gas turbine plant at San Marcos, Texas. ABB will be responsible for construction. San Marcos will be operational in summer 2001.
• Enerflex won a contract to construct a power plant fuelled by landfill gas.
• S&S Energy Products won a contract from Allegheny Energy to supply two GE LM6000 gas turbines, each rated at 44 MWe. The units will be fuelled by natural gas or diesel. The gas turbines are due to be operational by the end of 1999.